Yummy Scrummy Snacks For Kids (And Mamas…)
Up your snack game and get the kids involved in the kitchen with Carly’s (aka Lean Living Girl) delicious Lemon and Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies – the perfect treat or lunchbox addition! Not familiar with Lean Living Girl yet? This awesome website is all about Carly’s love of healthy eating, fitness and travels around the world. She believes in a balanced lifestyle … one that means you can love your body, feel great and full of energy whilst not being restricted! And we say a huge HOORAY to that! Look out for more recipes and features soon, mamas!
Lemon and Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
Makes: 12 cookies
Total time: 20 minutes
2 Cups Almond Flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1tsp Lemon Juice
Zest of 1/2 lemon – finely chopped
2 tbs honey
1 tbs apple sauce
5 tbs coconut oil (melted)
Home-made/sugar-free Raspberry Jam (or shop-bought if running low on time!)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
2. Combine the almond flour, baking soda, lemon zest and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and mix.
3. Add the honey, lemon juice, vanilla essence and apple sauce, continuing to mix on a low speed.
4. Slowly add the coconut oil, bit by bit until you get a dough.
5. Roll the dough into small balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment
6.Using your thumb, make an indent in the middle
7. Bake for 8 minutes total or until just golden brown
8. Leave to cool on a rack for 15 minutes (*important as will be too soft otherwise) and then add a tsp of jam into the middle of each cookie.