Let’s face it mamas, there’s nothing like awesome athletic wear to inspire us into working out be it a Physique 57 barre class, Real Pilates class or doing the school run! Yep that’s right, more mamas are looking fabulous in their “Haut-lectic” wear for dropping off the little ones to school.
I have to be honest. I have dropped my three littles off at nursery in my black mesh Michi workout leggings topped with my bright pink Nike running shoes. While I may look like I’m ready to have a good work out session, sadly the real fact is it’s another day in the office for me in my comfort clothes!
Be it comfort or fashion, if there’s a super cute pair of workout leggings waiting for me to slip on, my endorphins automatically jump around with excitement! Workout clothes have reached soaring new heights of sexy and sophistication, which explains the spawning of activewear collections worn by celebs and available in cool and funky boutiques.
There are so many reasons to love stylish workout gear and here are some options to inspire you to get your sweat on from gym to swim – or to simply look good for the school run!
For the Gym Bunny
- Splits59 – Danica Warrior Tank, AED 310, available at Sivvi
- Splits59 – Nova Trailblazer Performance Capri leggings, AED 380, available at Sivvi
- Nike Flyknit, AED 799, available at Nike (MOE, Dubai Mall, Mercato Mall)
Sassy Mama Tip: Head over to Business Bay Crossfit for a butt kicking gym workout!
For the Runner
- Run Shorts by Stella McCartney x Adidas, AED 258, available at Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall, Net a Porter
- Running Tee by Stella McCartney x Adidas, AED 349,available at Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall, Net a Porter
- Nike Barefoot, AED 669, available at Nike (MOE, Dubai Mall, Mercato Mall)
Sassy Mama Tip: Check out our guide to the best parks and beaches for a jog.
For the TRX Mama
- Outdoor Voices Tank, AED 220, available at Sivvi
- Outdoor Voices Leggings, AED 390, available at Sivvi
- Outdoor Voices Hoodie, AED 340, available Sivvi
Sassy Mama Tip: Head over to Machka for their TRX training session to burn off that cheeky bit of chocolate!
For the Mermaid
- Cut Out Swimsuit by Stella McCartney x Adidas, AED 313, available at Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall, Net a Porter
Sassy Mama Tip: Check out the best swimming pools to flip your fins in here.
For the Thrifty Yogi
- H&M Workout Top, AED 80, available at H&M (MOE, Mirdif City Centre, Dubai Mall, Marina Mall)
- H&M Cropped Patterned Leggings, AED 120, available at H&M (MOE, Mirdif City Centre, Dubai Mall, Marina Mall)
Sassy Mama Tip: Head over to Raw Yoga and bliss out at one of their hot Bikram yoga classes.
For the Barre Hopper
- Michi Illusion Jacket, AED 790, available at Hautletic
- Michi Hype Sport Bra, AED 440, available at Hautletic
- Michi Spiral Leggings, AED 675, available at Hautletic
Sassy Mama Tip: Physique 57 do barre classes that always work up a sweat!
For the Spinner
- Alexander Wang Mesh Top, AED 770
- Alexander Wang Sweat Pants, AED 1315
For the Pilates Lover
- Shorts by Stella McCartney x Adidas, available at Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall, Net a Porter
- Printed Mesh Top by Stella McCartney x Adidas, available at Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall, Net a Porter
Sassy Mama Tip: Get a real work out at Real Pilates!
For the Yogi Who’s Got That Swing
- Patterned Top by Prism, AED 220, available at Sivvi
- Patterned Cropped Leggings, AED 330, available at Sivvi
- Mischief Active S/Sl T-Shirt by Lorna Jane, approximately AED 200, available at Lorna Jane, J3 Mall Al Wasl Road.
Sassy Mama Tip: Check out Lorna Jane’s healthy lifestyle blog Move Nourish Believe for great at-home workouts plus healthy living inspo.
Want some more places to flash your new sports gear? Check out our roundup of the best workouts in Dubai here!
Featured image sourced via Pinterest