Up your snack game and get the kids involved in the kitchen with Carly’s (aka Lean Living Girl) delicious lemon & coconut balls – the perfect after school treat/activity rolled into one! Not familiar with Lean Living Girl yet? This awesome website is all about Carly’s love of healthy eating, fitness and travels around the world. She believes in a balanced lifestyle … one that means you can love your body, feel great and full of energy whilst not being restricted! And we say a huge HOORAY to that! Look out for more recipes and features soon, mamas!
Lemon and Coconut Balls
Makes: 20 balls
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup almonds
1 lemon – juice and zest
2 tbs honey
3/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
Additional coconut for coating the balls.
1. Whiz up the almonds and cashews in a blender until they resemble a fine-like flour.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix very well with a wooden spoon.
3. Evenly scatter desiccated coconut on top of a plate for rolling the balls in.
4. Scoop up a large teaspoon of the lemon mixture and roll into a ball using your hands.
5. Place the ball on the plate of coconut and roll it around so it’s fully covered.
6. Repeat with each ball (Should make 20).
7. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set and then serve.
8. These will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge.