Out Of Inspo For Your Kids Lunchboxes, Mamas? These Very Cute And Very Yummy Cheesy Vegetable Muffins Are Just The Thing!
Nothing makes life easier than a pre-planned lunchbox and these bear muffins are not only really simple to make but they’re full of healthy veggies and cheesy goodness. You can store them in the fridge till the next morning if you need to, and then all you do is using a little cream cheese as glue, place your peas for the eyes and nose, and corn for the ears to create your little bear.
1 3/4 cup milk approximately (enough to make a moist batter)
500 ml flour
20 ml baking powder
4 ml mustard powder
Salt and pepper
750 ml or 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
1 tbsp cream cheese
A few slices of cheddar cheese
- Lightly beat the eggs with the milk
- Sift the flour, baking powder, dry mustard, and salt and pepper together
- Add the cheese to the sifted dry ingredients
- Rinse out the peas and corn, and drain
- Add the drained vegetables to the liquid and then mix into the flour.
- Spoon into muffin paper cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 220°c for approximately 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut out a circle from a slice of cheddar and place it around the middle but lower portion of the muffin.
- Then use a little cream cheese as glue and place 2 cooked peas as eyes and one as a nose on top of the cheese.
- Finally, place 2 pieces of sweetcorn as the ears on either side of the muffin.
Read more: 2 Easy and Healthy After School Recipes