The Sassiest Mama Awards 2015
She’s a fun loving blondie who juggles a career in coffee and motorbikes with 3 super cute kiddos and a very busy daily programme that leaves her feeling like most days are a blur (yup, we know all about that!). This mama is all about making a difference to the local community, to fuelling individuality and inspiration – and to caffeine and chocolate – hooray!
Who’s The Mama?
Full Name: Nicky Moulvi
Occupation: Mama and owner of Café Rider Custom Motorcycles
Children: Iman 5, Miah 4, Ayla 17 months
Nationality: South African/British
How long have you lived in Dubai? 15 years (with a 5 year gap!)
The inspiration behind Café Rider Custom Motorcycles was derived from my husband’s love of caffeine and two wheeled machines and the creation of a lifestyle around it. Living and working in London city before returning to Dubai definitely kick started the idea…surrounded by inspiration around every corner.
We wanted a place where people could meet and catch up, each leaving with a unique experience and of course wanting to come back.
I studied fashion design, but my love for photography and loving nothing more than a good chat/catch up plays a big part in the daily running of Café Rider.
Its not just about bikes…it’s a space where anyone from a sassy mama to a hard core biker can come and hang out and feel at home!
Our aim at CR is to fuel both individuality and inspiration, whether it be ‘building’ your dream café racer from a donor bike ,designing your own custom bike which we import from Oklahoma, USA, designed and Produced by two time world champion Dar Holdworth of Brass balls Cycles or kicking back watching the baristas behind the bar create a latte art masterpiece.
It’s our unique blend of motorcycles, speciality coffee and art that creates an exclusive lifestyle experience. . We are constantly changing and evolving. Making a difference in the local community is key. There is usually a weekly event taking place anything from a Caffeine Cruise which take place every Friday morning from 8am in the cooler months, pop up barber shops, warehouse jams with live music or air cooled classis car days to name but a few. See you at the café…
1) What do you feel have been your biggest achievements both in your personal life and career so far?
Our three beautiful girls and trying our best to keep them as grounded as possible. Café Rider has definitely been a wonderful achievement so far. We have had a great response from our customers and friends more importantly, who are always supportive, but growing organically over the past year has been
2) As a child what did you dream of being when you ‘grew up’?!
I wanted to be a supermom…just like mine!
3) If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
To turn back time, just sometimes…and relive all those special moments that passed too quickly when the girls were really mini!
4) What does being a Sassy Mama mean to you?
Trying to keep up with what’s going on…can’t say I’m always ahead of the programme…
5) What’s a typical day in your life like?
6) What’s your guilty pleasure?
Definitely chocolate! Anything chocolate.
7) What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given in your personal life and career?
Stay grounded remember your roots!
8) What do you most enjoy doing as a family in Dubai?
Chilling out at home and spending time with our girls, they are like three little fish. The pool is the best place to be.
9) What is the ‘best-kept’ secret in Dubai, something fellow mamas should know about?
A beautiful piece of desert with palm trees and a gorgeous lagoon…a weekend treat when we just need to get out…
10) Which three words best describe your personality?
11) What advice would you have for a new mama?
Take one day at a time and follow your instinct! Enjoy the journey….make time!
12) What advice would you give to a mama who wants to go back to work or start her own business but is worried about juggling family and career?
The busier the better…. Make sure whatever you do is the right thing for you, you live once, make it worth your while..
13) If you were on an island and could bring only 3 things (family not included) what would they be?
Umbrella…never ending supply of water…good book!
14) Top 3 books?
…love a movie! Can never remember names!
15) Describe your style.
Chilled and relaxed, could probably do with a personal styling session!
16) If there was a movie produced about your life, who would you choose to play you and why?
Fun loving blondie…probably myself!
17) Tell us something funny that your kids have said or done.
Iman: ’Mama when you go up to the sky (die), I’m going to catch you and pull you down!
Thanks to The Studio for the gorgeous pics! Book your photography experience on (+971) (0)4 347 1745.
Special thanks also to Sassy Mama Dani for coordinating mamas and photographers while juggling 3 little ones too!