One mama tells us why she thinks Uptown School Mirdiff is the best preschool in Dubai
One of the best ways to make a school choice is to speak to parents whose children attend the schools you’re interested in and find out all about their experience. We recently sat down with mama Paridhi Samar Jain, whose two children attend Uptown School Mirdiff. Known for being a truly International School, this Taaleem establishment is committed to supporting the individual skills and ambitions of every child at their beautiful campus. Here’s Paridhi’s take on what makes it such a special place:
- How did you first hear about your school?
At the Montessori the girls were studying at.
- What factors played into your decision to send your child to this school?
I was looking for a school that carried forward the ethos of a Montessori type of education- a child led curriculum. And a friend aptly recommended this school. It was love at first sight.
- Did you take a tour of the school before making your decision? What were your first impressions?
Yes- I did! I was mighty impressed with the simplicity of the school.It was very welcoming environment.
- How did your child adjust to the school? Did the school take any special measures to help with the settling in process?
Both the girls enjoyed their first days at school.The school kept me updated on the progress in the initial days.I could reach the teachers at any time- and with twins- it was a lot of help coming from the teachers.Thanks to Ms Jepson & Ms Vosloo- the girls loved the school.
- What in your opinion are the three greatest strengths of the school?
- Good Teachers
- How does the school include parents in the community?
The school encourages parents to be part of a Mother Tongue Maintainence Program- I teach Hindi in school on a weekly basis.Theres also a Uptown parent Community- where like minded parents meet and can socialize.Then there are involvement in different events which the school encourages like- Sports day, National Day, International Day, etc
- How does the school keep you informed about your child’s progress?
The teachers can be contacted at any time with an appointment. They’re always reachable on emails. Then there are periodic Parent Teacher Meetings and the termly reports which are sent to each parent.
- What is the number one thing you’d miss if you transferred your child to another school?
- What kind of child (or family) would you say would be the best fit for this school?
I feel a child/family looking for a holistic and international experience which IB has to offer fits best to this kind of school.
- What extra-curricular activities or out of school programmes does the school offer that you have taken part in?
The after school clubs which the school offers have some interesting choices. The girls have taken part in some of them and they’ve had a great time.
Brought to you in partnership with Uptown School Mirdiff.