1) Zara Maxi Dress. The weather is heating up in Dubai again (sigh) so I have been digging around my wardrobe for maxi dresses so I can keep cool without revealing too much post-baby body. My love affair with the colour mint is going nowhere, so this pretty number from Zara is calling out to me. I’d wear it in Dubai with pretty sandals (those at this week’s number 4 will do very nicely, thank you) and at a couple of weddings we have been invited to over the summer with heels and a flower in my hair. So ethereal and floaty. Love it! It costs AED350 from Zara stores across the UAE.
2) Clinique Cheek Pops. Oh Clinique Cheek Pops, how I want you so! It’s something about the pretty flower design and something about the beautiful bold colour of Berry Pop (pictured) that is calling out to me, but it’s the idea of a super lightweight powder that shows no trace of buildup (created through an innovative slow baking process) that really appeals to me. They haven’t reached the UAE yet, but I have my eyes peeled and will let you know when they arrive.
3) Mulberry Medium Dorset in Bluebell Blue. As a mum of two, I don’t travel anywhere light – even going to the supermarket demands a bag full of emergency supplies. But I still want something stylish to carry it around in and this new Mulberry Medium Dorset in Bluebell Blue is my dream bag. The leather looks butter soft, whilst the vivid blue is seriously stylish for spring 2014. It costs £595 with free worldwide shipping (about AED 3,650). Buy it online here.
4) New Look Sandals. I’m definitely in the market for a new pair of jewelled sandals and New Look is usually one of the first places I head. I want these turquoise beauties pronto. I don’t have the UAE price as I haven’t had the chance to head into store yet, but the UK price is just £15.99 so I am guessing they will be around the AED100 mark.
5) Essie Hide & Go Chic. Essie’s Spring 2014 collection is called Hide & Go Chic and this bright metallic blue (also called Hide & Go Chic) is my stand out shade from the collection. It will hit branches of The Nail Spa soon and I can’t wait to rock it on my nails all summer. I may even treat myself to a bottle.
6) Buttoned With Love Scrabble Picture. My very talented friend Vicki makes these cool scrabble pictures at her company Buttoned with Love. The framed pictures incorporate a pattern of names on a backing colour of your choice. Now that our family is complete (for now at least), I have just ordered a picture from Vicki to hang above my dressing table (the only space in my apartment I can make girly with so many boys around!) I cant wait for it to arrive. The pictures cost AED180 and can be ordered through the Buttoned With Love Facebook Page.
Louise is a full-time mummy to two gorgeous boys and a part-time freelance beauty, lifestyle and kids writer. Originally from Kent in the UK, she started her career on the fashion and beauty desks of magazines and newspapers in London.
Louise moved to Dubai in 2008 with her husband to start a new life in the desert. When she isn’t investigating a new kid’s play area or family-friendly restaurant, she’s writing for various magazines and newspapers in the region and blogging at Dubai-Beauty-Pages.com