Natasha Pathak from Coconutty Kids shares a super healthy summer drink for the whole family to enjoy.
Is there anything more bright and summery than Lemons?! It’s scorching hot outside and my girls keep asking for Lemonade but wait, what about all the sugar that most Lemonades are known for?! No way do I want my girls (or anyone) literally drinking down cups of refined sugar. So, I decided to make up my very own natural and refreshing Homemade Honey Lemonade without all the junk and fake stuff – no nasties here! All you need is Honey, Water and yes, you guessed it, Lemons!
Mamas, this is such a simple and easy recipe for an old favourite and well worth the effort to make as a weekend treat. Please do try the recipe and don’t forget to share your photos and tag #coconuttykids.
This recipe serves 4 people.
- 1/2 Cup Raw Honey
- 3/4 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (seeds removed)
- 4 Cups is Water and
- some Ice
- Garnish: Lemon Slices and Mint
- Heat 1 Cup is Water on the stove
- Once it’s cooled slightly, then add your honey and stir until it’s completely dissolved
- Place your Honey Water mixture into the refrigerator to chill.
- Add to a large pitcher or glass jug your Chilled Honey Mixture, the remaining Water and Lemon Juice and stir well.
- Taste! It should be a zingy, bright, refreshing Lemonade – balanced between sweet and tart.
- Add plenty of Ice and slices of Lemon to garnish.
- Optional: Infuse further with Fresh Mint or Slices of Fresh Ginger.
- Serve up and watch your little ones enjoy every single sip!