The end of the school year is just around the corner and it’s time to give a huge THANK YOU to the kiddos teachers (and the assistants) for all their creativity, support and massive amounts of patience (seriously, how do they do it?!). Fret not mamas, good end of term gifts don’t have to be crazy expensive – we’ve asked some of our favourite teachers what presents they think are worthy of an A+ and this is what they said….
1. Wooden signs by Heidesign AED 90
Teaching is a superpower (we salute you all) – so celebrate it with a permanent wall reminder.
2. Carluccios gourmet gifts from AED 200
Who doesn’t love a selection of yummy edibles to get stuck into (perfect for those relaxing nights in with no school to get up for the next day!).
3. All The Best Gift Set by Lush AED 200
A selection of gorgeous smellies wrapped beautifully and perfect for relaxing, rejuvenating and regaining sanity at the end of the year.
4. Personalised Charm Necklace from Coochy Coo AED 250 (available in sterling silver or gold plated)
Choose an initial, name, date or special message (we think a big old THANKS will do).
1. Star picture by Say It With Love Dubai Price available on request
All the names of their star pupils in a cute little framed design.
2. Triple Wicked Pure Candle AED 130
How do you relax after a day on your feet with a rowdy bunch of 5 year olds? Light a candle for starters! The triple wicked Dubai based Pure Candles Dubai burn for 35 hours – about the length of time the teacher needs to wind down after a year of classes.
3. A homemade gift of gorgeous greens (find similar plants at Dubai Garden Centre).
Teachers love to receive something personal so how about a cute trio of succulents and a little message to match?
4. Personalised tree print by Made In The Desert (price available on request)
This is seriously sassy – a class tree with little thumb prints and kiddie names on the branches. Gets a huge thumbs up from us (and the teachers).
5. Sensasia Urban Spa Gift Vouchers from AED 200
Seriously, these people deserve the chance to relax big time! So why not treat them to a pampering session at one of our fave spots in Dubai?
1. Jo Malone Room Diffuser AED 610
After a year of craft glue, sports kit and squashed sandwiches, teacher deserves a heavenly scent at home.
2. Personalised mug by Made In The Desert (price available on request)
We can only assume that teachers get through the day courtesy of a lot of caffeine so help them out with a personalised mug.
3. Handprinted bag by Twenty Violets – available at Coochy Coo AED 325
Assist a much needed trip to the beach with a beautiful handprinted straw bag that can double up as a sturdy carrier for all those books once September rolls around.
4. Say it with flowers (we love Bliss for our bunches)
You can’t go wrong with a bunch of blooms, especially if the littles attach a message to match.
5. Box of Macarons by Ladurée from approximately AED 120
Even the sweetest teachers love a sugary treat – especially when it comes in the shape of a chic macaron.
Featured image sourced via Pinterest