Slow Roasted Lamb For Dinner Parties Or Family Lunches
Whether you’ve got friends over for dinner or you’re enjoying a long, lazy weekend lunch as a fam, our friends at Spinneys have put together this delicious slow roasted lamb recipe to cook up and enjoy.
Prepare Time: 15 minutes plus marinating
Cook Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- 4 garlic cloves
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 x 285g jars Spinneys Marinated Artichokes
- 100ml oil
- 100g Spinneys Roasted Mixed Peppers
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 red chillies, deseeded
- 30g Spinneys Coriander
- 5kg bone-in lamb shoulder
- Put the garlic, lemon zest, artichokes and oil, peppers, capers, chillies and coriander in a blender. Add 1⁄2 tsp sea salt and blitz until smooth.
- Put the lamb in a large oiled roasting tray and use a knife to make small incisions all over. Massage with 6 tbsp tapenade, cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours, or overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook, remove the lamb from the fridge and preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Cover the lamb with a double layer of foil. Roast for 4 hours, discard the foil and roast for 30 minutes more. Remove from the oven and leave to rest, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the lamb on a large platter and serve with the rest of the tapenade and the batata harra and aubergine salads.
image 1 via Pinterest