Dragging two kids aged 24 months and 2 months around the malls isn’t that appealing currently, but that doesn’t stop me getting the urge to shop. So here are the things I am coveting this week, brought to you from the safety of my desk. Now will someone do the legwork and go and gather it all up for me? Pretty please?
Clockwise from top left:
1) Models Own Polish for Tans. Tanning fans in Dubai are in luck, as affordable beauty brand Models Own has created a range of nail polishes designed specifically to highlight tans. The five flattering hues were created by mixing neon shades with a white base to balance their intensity and create a neon-pastel hue that compliments and intensifies tanned skin. They hit Models Own Bottle Shops internationally last week, where bottles of polish cost AED45 . Head to the ground floor of Mercato Mall to snap them up.
2) Eugenia Kim Sun Hat. Is AED 1,240 too much to spend on a hat? Because I really, really want this beautiful sun hat by Eugenia Kim at Boutique 1, with its dimpled crown and wide sequin band. Click here to buy it.
3) Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer. Pink, coral, and peach hues of lipstick and gloss are my obsession at the moment, so I can’t wait to get my mitts on the new Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer collection for Summer 2014. It’s hard to pick my favourite from the four new shades – Hello (Light Pink), Sexy (Fuchsia), Happy (Coral), and Sunny (Orange) – so I’m going to have to snap up all four. Available now across the UAE at Chanel counters.
4) Valentino Havianas. I live in Havianas. I mean, seriously. I very, very rarely wear anything else as they are comfy, easy to slide on, and pretty much go with everything in my wardrobe. So when my favourite flip-flop brand collaborates with Valentino, it would be rude not to get in on the action, right? The bad news is the price, as a pair will set me back a hefty £155.40 (about AED955). Still, if I work out the price per wear, I think it’d be well worth the investment. Not sure the husband will agree… Click here to buy at Net-a-Porter.com
5) NEOM Candles. There are lots of amazing candle brands available in Dubai but the one I am really craving to burn is NEOM. Not only are the candles organic, meaning that what you breathe is totally clean (important if you have a teeny little person in the house), but the fragrances are incredibly long lasting so I only need to burn for a small while to scent my entire apartment. They cost AED282 at Bloomingdales, Dubai Mall.
6) Crate & Barrel Genevieve Bed Linen. I’ve fallen head over heels for this coral printed bed linen, designed by London-based designer Genevieve Bennett for Crate & Barrel. Inspired by her fascination with Nigerian appliquéd and hand-stitched textiles, she created the design by collaging coloured paper. I love the colours and will definitely be treating my bed to a makeover. It costs AED529 from Crate & Barrel, Mall of the Emirates.
Louise is a full-time mummy to two gorgeous boys and a part-time freelance beauty, lifestyle and kids writer. Originally from Kent in the UK, she started her career on the fashion and beauty desks of magazines and newspapers in London.
Louise moved to Dubai in 2008 with her husband to start a new life in the desert. When she isn’t investigating a new kid’s play area or family-friendly restaurant, she’s writing for various magazines and newspapers in the region and blogging at Dubai-Beauty-Pages.com