Clockwise from top left:
I love living in Dubai, but I struggle at this time of year. Dragging my boys out in 45′C isn’t an option, so we run between air-conditioning and the car (quite literally, as the carpark is like a sauna at the moment). But anyway, here’s my Wish List – happy shopping!
1. Passport Cover. This chic passport cover looks like it should come from a achingly stylish brand like Smythson, with the price tag to match – but no, it’s by H&M and costs a mere AED 26. I am snapping it up for my travels!
2. Boys Only In This Area Cushion. My friend Katie has this cushion on her sofa and I love it! It’s inspired by the signs in Brit designer Barbara Couche’s converted school house in Battersea. I’m totally outnumbered in my family with three boys and me, so this cushion belongs in my living room. It’s available on her UK website for £55 (about AED 360) with £18 for delivery to Dubai (about AED 110). And if you have girls, there’s a cushion for you too!
3. Cream Motif Loafers. It probably won’t surprise you that these loafers by Chiara Ferragani were immediately added to my wish list when I spotted the lipstick motif! They are available at the S*uce online store for AED 1010.
4. Striped top. I have fallen in love with this striped boat top by Cool Change at Boutique 1. Such a simple cut and print, but so stylish. I’d wear it with maxi skirts on hot summer days – or with jeans and heels for an evening out. It costs AED 495 from Boutique 1.
5. Opaque Nail Polish. It is a matter of days before NARS arrives back in the UAE (I will find out the stockist on Monday and post to let you know!) – and to celebrate, I will be treating myself to this vibrant Libertango Nail Polish for summer. The perfect orange/red hybrid to brighten up my grip!
6. Bag with lips clasp. I also found out this week that LuLu Guinness will be opening her first UAE boutique in Dubai very soon, which has reignited by love for her quirky, statement accessories. If you can’t wait any longer, this fabulous bag is available on her online store for £350 (about AED 2150).
A full-time mummy to two gorgeous boys (Stanley, 2, and Wilfred, 10 weeks) and a part-time freelance beauty, lifestyle and kids writer. Louise started her career on the fashion and beauty desks of magazines and newspapers in London, learning how to spot beautiful buys and string together a sentence. Louise started The-Beauty-Pages.com in 2008, before moving to Dubai with her husband to start a new life. When she isn’t investigating a new kid’s play area or family-friendly restaurant, she’s writing for various magazines and newspapers in the region and blogging at Dubai-Beauty-Pages