2018 Is For Cruising, Mamas!
Cruising is one of the most popular ways to travel and visit amazing destinations over a few days while experiencing world class cuisine and entertainment on board a beautiful ship!.However, while the idea of a cruise may be great, it can often seem confusing to select the perfect destination, itinerary or cabin class for your family.
As a travel consultant who has cruised and booked cruises for my clients, here are some of my top tips when it comes to considering a cruise…
- Book Early to get the best fares: Cruiseliners such as Royal Caribbean, NCL, Princess and Disney go on sale typically a year ahead of sailing date. That’s when you can take advantage of low fares and a wide range of cabins. The earlier you book your dream cruise, the more you save!
- Get there the night before: My advice to cruisers is to always stay near the port of embarkation the night before your cruise begins. This ensures that you will definitely be on time to catch your cruise and gives you the opportunity to explore the city as well. It sounds like ‘common sense’ advice but you would be surprised if I told you that each year hundreds of cruisers miss their cruise due to delayed flights, traffic or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Use a travel agency for the best perks and advice: Travel consultants have access to the best fares in the business. I should know – I am one! But it’s not only about the fares. As travel agents, we can offer amenities such as free onboard credit, spa credits, drinks packages and more! One of the advantages is that you will have an experienced professional to answer your queries while taking you through several options.
- Tips for dining onboard: While most cruiselines request that you reserve a dining time for your sailing (NCL is an exception with its easy dining concept), you can choose to add some excitement to your stay. Ordering room service breakfast is a good idea as it is included in the cost anyway. Or dining at a speciality restaurant is another way to alter your dining routine.
- Selecting your cruise ship, itinerary and cabin: Your choice of cruise should definitely be based on the ship and itinerary – not just the cost.
Read more: 5 Last Minute Travel Deals For Spring Break!
Every cruise company offers sailings on cruises in varied classes. Facilities available onboard, date of last refurbishment of ship and size of ship. Many newer such as the Carnival Breeze offer a Serenity Deck complete with whirlpools and loungers.
One of the key factors in a good cruise would be to select the perfect itinerary for your family or group travelling together. Mediterranean and Baltic itineraries are very popular especially in the summer while Caribbean, Alaskan and Antarctic cruises require some more planning.
Location of cabins are an important factor. Selecting a mid-ship cabin will ensure more calm sailing. Balcony cabins are always recommended for spectacular views of the stunning ports that you sail into, each morning.
Read more: Cruising and Camping in Khasab
Some of the most popular itineraries are
Best time: April to October. Typical duration: between 7 to 14 nights
Western Mediterranean cruises touch Spain, France and Italy as well as Portugal, Monaco, Tunisia and Morocco.
Eastern Mediterranean cruises may include Italy, Greece, Turkey and Croatia.
Ever so popular with the families, Disney offers the best entertainment for children with famous characters and activities onboard.
North Europe and Baltic itinerary:
Best time: April to October. Typical duration: between 7 to 14 nights.
Departing from Copenhagen and heading to Tallin, Helsinki, Stockholm and St. Petersburg –
Norweigan Fjords: Ports of call include Bergen, Alesund, Stavanger and Geiranger.
Itineraries include Jamaica, George Town, Cozumel, Key West, Aruba, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and more!
Best time: Season lasts from May through September.
Alaska cruises – Inside Passage cruises and Gulf of Alaska cruises.
The Inside Passage is a stunning way to cruise through Alaska, with most ships sailing round-trip from Vancouver or Seattle and visiting Skagway or Juneau.
Special offers on cruises if booked before 31st March 2018! Contact cruise specialist Andrea Bailey for more information. Email:email@example.com or Call: 055 9569502
All images sourced via Unsplash.