A gorgeous (and healthy) way to devour chocolate
Turn up the romance with homemade chocolate tartlets courtesy of the gorgeous Carly (aka Lean Living Girl) complete happiness in a bite! Not familiar with Lean Living Girl yet? This awesome website is all about Carly’s love of healthy eating, fitness and travels around the world. She believes in a balanced lifestyle… one that means you can love your body, feel great and full of energy whilst not being restricted! And we say a huge HOORAY to that!
Raw Chocolate Tartlets
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 tartlets
For the pastry (*Can be shop-bought).
340g Plain flour
175g unsalted butter, left to soften
3 tbs water
Egg wash (1 egg + tsp water mixed)
For Chocolate Filling
300ml Coconut milk
1/2 tbs coconut oil
2 tbs raw cacao powder
Seeds from one vanilla pod
1 tbs date syrup
1 tbs maple syrup
1 large very ripe avocado
100g soaked cashews
For the Raspberry Coulis
200g fresh raspberries
Plus, fresh berries to top
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃ and place the cashews in a bowl of filtered water.
2. Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the flora.
3. Rub the softened butter into the flour with fingers until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Add the water and mix it into the dough until the dough comes together.
5. Wrap the dough in cling film and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Sprinkle flour on your surface and roll out the dough to a 1/2 cm thickness.
7. Line your baking tray with the rolled dough, right up the edges of each compartment.
8. Bake blind for 15 minutes and then remove from the oven.
9. Cover the pastry in the egg wash and bake without the beans for another 5 minutes.
10. Whizz up all the ingredients for the raw chocolate filling in a blender until smooth.
11. Crush the fresh raspberries with a fork and layer the bottom of each square with them.
12. Spoon the chocolate filling over the top of the raspberries and top with fresh berries of your choosing.
13. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set the chocolate and then serve!